PRIVACY LAWS AND DEFINITIONSThe Privacy Act 1988 (“Act”) defines ‘personal information’ as: “Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
The Act includes several categories of personal information, including ‘sensitive information’ (which includes, inter alia, racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or criminal record), ‘health information’, ‘credit information’, ‘employ record’ and other categories.
The definition if ‘personal information’ is not limited to the categories in the Act and may include anything which is of personal nature.
We do not collect information from most of the categories described in the Act. The information we may collect is mostly when you purchase any of our packages and as part thereof have to provide contact information which may be connected with the information you provide in our questionnaire.
We may also automatically collect certain information when you access our platforms, some of which may be capable of personally identifying you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on platform (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies.
In collecting and handling whichever personal information that we do receive from you, we are bound by not only by the Act, but also by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs“), and applicable privacy regulations.
You acknowledge that any personal information you may provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
1. to our related entities, directors, employees or agents, as is required in order to provide our Services, including our external service providers, such as payment system operators, lawyers, accountants, other advisers, financial institutions and information technology providers;
2. to combine and compare with information received from our service providers, third parties or cookies so that we can improve our Services and any requests you make to contact third parties through our platforms;
3. to personalise and customise your experience, advertising and Content that you view on our platforms;
4. to any government organisation or agency if we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary.
5. Where we are otherwise required by Law to do so.
We will not sell or trade your Personal Information for marketing or any other purpose
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe are taking reasonable steps to secure and protect your personal information from unauthorised access into our systems. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Your personal information may be kept on servers located in Australia or in data storage providers outside Australia, in the United States of America, Europe and Asia. We use our best endeavours to verify the security arrangements of our outsourced data storage providers.